Amazing chance for the right person!
Live in Llanrhaeadr Ym Mochnant as part of a lively and busy housing co-operative and enterprise.
£350 pcm, + share of electric bill.
(Includes council tax, water, internet)
You must have:
- Commitment to and enthusiasm for co-operative principles and working practices
- Understanding and interest in permaculture design principles and process as well as a commitment to its ethics.
- Want to contribute to a new vibrant enterprise, retail of crafts and local produce, fair trade goods, internet café and (proposed) sub post office
- Have a minimum of 4 hours per week to dedicate to co-op work and management
Keen gardeners welcome, we share a small allotment plus have a small front garden for veg and fruit-growing. We also participate in community growing projects.
You will get:
- Assured tenancy and occupancy agreement
- Own private bedroom, sitting room/ office
- plus share of kitchen, bathroom and living room with one other member.
- A chance to play an active role in managing and developing the co-operative
The Co-op is governed by its three core members via quarterly business (Directors) meetings which you are obliged to attend, and occasional management meetings as directed.
No deposit required, rent is paid up to 30 days in arrears maximum.
No investment required, although we offer up to 3.5% on loanstock investments, and we are currently seeking investment of up to £15,000 for planned improvements during July.
- A part-time or retired person, someone looking for active involvement in such a project and who has some spare time available.
- Younger person or couple seeking first hand experience in co-operatives and community development with time and energy to give.
- We would hope anyone considering applying is planning to stay a minimum of a couple of years, or longer.
Contact Steve@dragons.cymru or call 0771 981 8959