- Dragons Co-operative Business Meetings
Agenda and proposals prepared by Steve,
Notice to all members, we have a legal requirement to hold a minimum of 4 business meetings per year, as set out in our rules and to the FCA. We do need to have a formal structure in place to ensure this happens. This requirement is in our primary rules.
• Meetings can be hard to plan at short notice and for everyone’s convenience so I have suggested from the outset that these dates are planned in advance and the dates adhered to.
• I also wish to remind everyone that at management meetings we are acting collectively as a socially responsible landlord, and we need to consider finances and proposals from the perspective of Landlord and our legal obligations to the Bank and FCA.
• As tenants we are welcome to submit proposals to meetings in advance for consideration and discussion.
• New proposals can only become active once consensus has been reached at a general meeting.
Co-op rules and guidelines:
Notes on Dragons Secondary Rules
• Dragons co-operative’s secondary rules state that we are committed to the principles of co-operation and those of permaculture. These are set out on our website. The rules offer a structure, values and process of how we agree to move the co-op forward.
It is a frame work to constantly evaluate the co-op allowing it to grow and evolve
• 100% commitment to recycling, waste reduction and ethical purchasing where ever possible.
• A commitment to using non-toxic and organic methods where ever possible.
• Buying services from environmentally responsible agents and companies where ever we can. Good Energy, Triodos Bank, Suma whole foods
• Where possible we also seek to use fair trade and ethically sourced products when buying non local goods
• Constant re-investment of surplus into cost reduction, energy efficiency and income development.
1: Rolling Meeting Schedule
i) Proposal is to follow this pattern from now onwards
• April Thursday 21st 7.30 pm.
• July Thursday 21st 7.30 pm
• October Thursday 20th 7.30
• January 2017 Thursday 19th 7.30 pm
ii: Limit maximum meeting time to 120 mins and agree to schedule subsequent meetings if required.
iii: We also agree to hold regular management meetings, to investingate particular issues, or as directed by the Business meeting.
2) Permaculture Design Course
The PDC produced a well reasoned and thought through design and could be a useful framework for developing our ideas about how we use the space and resources of the co-op to their best advantage.
• I propose we begin our deliberations on the exploring the next level of potentials by working with the output of hat process.
• The co-op should put aside some time and space to talk through ideas creatively and supportively.
Minutes of meeting
Present Andrea and Sue
- Andrea is planning to leave and is giving three month notice to quit. Date not confirmed yet.
- Re meetings, noted we need more regular management meetings.
- Meeting schedule approved, clear notification needs, notice board, website and more
- We commit to a series of management meetings look at investment, development plans post PDC.
- Evaluate the possibility of extending mortgage or loan stock to invest in business facilities and upgrade of the ty bach.
- Can Andrea make a report on rent, bills and trajectory timespan for leaving.
- We need a plan to recruit a new member
Management meeting Minutes 23 June
Sue and Steve present, agree to above plan and agree to meet Next Thursday to report on progress made.